Karen D. Groppe Joins WIA as VP of Communications

ARLINGTON, Va. The Wireless Infrastructure Association (WIA) today announced that Karen D. Groppe has been hired as Vice President, Communications, effective February 28, 2024.

Groppe joins WIA from ACT | The App Association where she was Senior Director of Global Communications directing the development and implementation of the association’s communications strategy on a global scale. At WIA, she will help develop and execute a broad communications and public affairs strategy that empowers the association to achieve its objectives and execute its mission of enabling connectivity everywhere.

“I’m thrilled to be joining the team at WIA, and I’m eager to tell the story of the important work our members do,” said Groppe. “The wireless infrastructure industry provides the networks Americans rely on every day. I look forward to strengthening WIA’s advocacy on behalf of this vital industry as we seek to spur innovation and improve lives by expanding connectivity.”

“We are excited to have Karen bring her talent in strategic communications to strengthen the work we do on behalf of our members,” said WIA President and CEO Patrick Halley. “Her experience leading communications strategies on behalf of associations and in the technology sector will be invaluable as she supports our work in enabling connectivity everywhere.” 

Prior to her time at the App Association, Groppe served as the Senior Director Strategic Communications for HIMSS (Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society) where she oversaw enterprise press strategy and execution and led a communications team globally. She brings over 20 years of communications and marketing experience with her to WIA.

About WIA:

The Wireless Infrastructure Association (WIA) represents the businesses that build, develop, own, and operate the nation’s wireless infrastructure. WIA advocates for the widespread, responsible deployment of wireless infrastructure to enable connectivity everywhere.

Media Contact: Marshall Miller | 717-951-0795 | marshall.miller@wia.org

The post Karen D. Groppe Joins WIA as VP of Communications appeared first on Wireless Infrastructure Association.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://wia.org/karen-d-groppe-joins-wia-as-vp-of-communications/